Thursday, October 13, 2011

Home School

So after much thought I pulled Jasmine out of school and we are going to home school(which she would have been schooled at home during her surgery). We registered with alabamahomeschooling.com(Everest Academy) which is located right here in our hometown. I have heard that it is a great christian based home schooling Academy and I know that we are going to love it. So far, the planning has been a pain but in a fun way as well. Jasmine just stayed so sick and she was missing so much school so instead of paying 100 to 200 bucks(after going twice and paying co-pays and meds) every couple of weeks to go to the doctor, we decided lets just pay the enrollment fee and I will teach her here. Of course growing up I have always wanted to do so many things and being a teacher was one of them so I guess this kind of gives me that degree only if it is teaching just my child. My youngest daughter, we feel that she is very behind than where she is suppose to be for an almost 5 year old so we knew that we was going to have to do something with her as either let her complete kindy twice or wait till she was 6 to let her start but now we think it is a great idea to get her started next year in homeschooling as well. I really hope that we enjoy this fun awesome journey and I am thankful to god that I am able to be at home and allowed to teach them.

Here are some pics of our room. I took the kids playroom/computer room and turned half of it into a home school room. Wish I would have had time to paint it but this week has been crazy busy and with getting everything together I didn't have time. I did go with a school feel. We have yet to get an art table or desk right now so we are working on those.









No comments:

Post a Comment